Friday, June 4, 2010

peace

as the days pass by and i speak more of lucy's surgery to people, i feel more and more confident that we are going in the right direction. what an answer to prayer that i can have peace in a time when i could be nervous and frustrated and sad.
i haven't spoken to much of the surgery to lucy as i don't really know what to say to her. we told her that she would have a scar like mommy and daddy and tucker. i told her that she would get to watch a lot of movies but other than that i don't want to upset her. i tell her what i feel like she can handle but i don't want her to stress about it either.
otherwise, things are great here. tucker and lucy are going to their last day of science camp today. it is bittersweet for sure. i am happy that they will be home for the summer with no schedules but i am sad because it will be our last day at this school. it has been our school for four years now and we can't say enough about it. the teachers are amazing!!! we will be sad to leave but excited about venturing into the world of private christian schooling. i never saw myself here at this time last year...who knows where we will be next year at this time! it's amazing to see the way God works in our lives.
on a side note, i am close to having lost 50 lbs. i think i am at about 47 or 48 and i will know for sure monday night when i get weighed in...ugh. i am amazed at this journey as well. for years i've been trying to lose this weight. now all of a sudden it just started happening. i am so thankful and i am feeling more like myself. in another 20 lbs i will be at my wedding weight but if i stopped losing right now that would be okay. i have an amazing husband and family that love me no matter what! and...i happen to like myself too...

3 comments:

  1. You are beautiful inside and out and you always have been. Now you're just stunning too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto on what mom said. you have always been my bestest friend and it's not because of how you look! the fact that we are all doing this together really has motivated me to move faster, workout harder, and get healthy. thanks for being a motivator, my sister and my best friend. i'm so proud of you!!! - and we are praying for lucy every day......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz- I just miss you. I really do. I'm so glad that we have things like FB and the blogs to keep in touch.

    It sounds like you're doing so well with Lucy's upcoming surgery. To me, it sounds like you're saying all the right things. Keep it positive, keep it simple. This is one of those shaping life-moments that will help her in the future when she is more aware of what is happening to her. And use it to teach her about God and His love and care for her. (sorry to get preachy-- I know you already know to do that). I will continue to pray for peace for you. I've felt that peace before, and it's real (again, that's God's love and care for YOU!)

    ReplyDelete