Wednesday, June 30, 2010

it's official...


...i have not been present for a birthday for one of my kids. all day i've been thinking back 8 years ago to when i had daisy. joe and i were so newly married (just under a year) and we were just getting used to living together when all of a sudden we have a new roommate. that was a big year for me. i had gotten married, moved away from home and had a baby...all in one year!!! i was so young too! sometimes i feel like daisy and i have grown up together.


i just love daisy. she was a tough cookie as a toddler but has just blossomed into one of the most amazing kids i've ever met. she's always happy to do what needs to be done, and is so flexible and positive through it. she has taught me so much in her 8 years. her laugh is one of the best i've heard...and just like me, when she laughs hard her nose flares out and she starts to cry. she loves to be silly and is the best big sister out there...well...one of the best (love you mandy.)


daisy, i'm so sorry i can't be with you on your special day...i know it's just a date but i have so many memories of that date! you changed my whole life!!!!! you changed it for the better. i can't wait to see you on friday so i can give you a huge hug. then i'll know what it feels like to get a hug from my favorite eight year old. love you daisy and i'm so proud of who you have become!

3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful post Liz! You're an awesome mommy! Happy Birthday Daisy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We missed you all day but I did my best to fill in! We talked about the day she was born, what my memories are, and she told me all about the story you've told her. We had a wonderful day together and I will treasure that time forever. Thank you for sacrificing for me! Now you know exactly how I feel every day on YOUR birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read Mom's comment and it's just what I did too - on the way to the salon I talked about that morning and getting your phone call and being scared with you since I was also 9 months pregnant with Micah! She is a great big sister (not as good as me but she has 30 years to get there! lol)!!! We had a great day and I kept thinking about you and how hard it was for you as well. :)

    ReplyDelete