Saturday, June 26, 2010

back on track

lucy is doing just great! she gets worn out so easily and it's hard to watch her get frustrated because she can't do what she wants. but she is doing really really well! my parents are in town for the weekend and then tomorrow they are heading out to east hampton with daisy and tucker. that should give us a couple of days to just hang out and get better before heading up there ourselves. we are hoping to get there before fourth of july weekend....maybe we'll leave thursday night! of course, this all depends on little lucy.
yesterday i was wondering where daisy was at some point in the afternoon. i found her up in her room reading. she seemed to be sad about something but wouldn't tell me what. finally she said "alright...i'm sad that you can't go to the zoo sleepover with me!" major broken mommy heart moment!!!!! i said, "me too! let's go lay on your bed and sulk together." so we laid there and talked a lot and she understands why i had to stay but we agreed that it still was stinky! she ended up having an amazing time at the zoo last night. she even called to ask if she could stay longer with some of the girls that were staying. this is a HUGE answer to prayer...so thanks everyone for covering me on that one!
another tough one will be daisy's birthday this week. she will be at her grandparent's house where they will have a birthday party for her and spoil her rotten all day long. i know she'll be well taken care of but my heart is aching that i can't be with my child on her birthday. she will be fine...i might not be. :)
my parents, tucker and i were heading out to walmart this morning. lucy jumped up and wanted to go with us. i got her dressed and put a headband in and when she went to look for her shoes she started crying saying "my head hurts but i still want to go." poor thing has been cooped up for too long. she settled for taking a walk in the stroller with joe. i, of course, feeling terrible proceeded to go to walmart and buy fun new sheets for her bed, and new movies for her to watch.
thanks everyone for all of the treats and goodies and toys that have been flooding our house. we really do appreciate all of the love that has been poured out on my family. i can't thank everyone enough!!!! we really feel God's love and grace through all of this. i know it's so minor compared to what some people have to live with but it has been an upheaval on us so thanks for loving us through it!

2 comments:

  1. Don't tell Daisy but I just made us appointments for manicures and pedicures (the princess manicure) on Wednesday afternoon! I am excited. We may even make a stop at Bass Shoes to indulge her in some new sandals to show off her pedicure. She is her mother's daughter after all - I have to indulge her...I just can't wait. I was crying reading your story about how sad you'll be on her birthday. I know exactly how I would feel too...I will take good care of her, as will Mom and everyone. we'll keep her busy and spoil her ROTTEN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks mandy! i know she'll have a great time!

    ReplyDelete