Sunday, July 4, 2010

how spoiled was i???

how spoiled was i that i got to grow up so close to the beach? i love the beach and it kills me when the kids complain that we are going there again!!! the nerve of me to make them go to that horrible place! just kidding...they are troopers. i think they just don't like the hassle of getting ready but to me it's totally worth it. i even love being sunburned!!
today we took a day to hang out inside and rest. we needed it! we've been going going going for about two weeks now so we watched movies and napped. then after dinner we headed to the beach for a bonfire. tucker went in the water a little and then when it got cold we headed home. now the kiddos are watching a movie cuddled up in tucker's bed together. i love the summer. i love not having a routine and i love for them not to have to worry about bedtimes.
tomorrow we are having a family picnic which i'm excited about! i love getting together with the family...that's what's most important right?
lucy is doing well...she complains a little here and there but i can't remember when i gave her tylenol last. she could probably stand to have it at least once a day but she hates taking it now (power struggle) so i just let her go without.
joe got home safely today and we sure will miss him until he comes back on friday! we hate when he leaves but we do still have fun! i'm off to rest for awhile while the kids watch their movie...gotta get it while i can.

3 comments:

  1. so weird - thought i posted a comment but it's not showing...did you delete??? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would NEVER delete a comment from my fav sister! try again...i know you can't hold your two cents back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't remember what I wrote...I am so stupid - lololol - I think I wrote something about how I never appreciated it until I got to college or something...trying to sound ethereal or something...lolol

    ReplyDelete