Friday, July 30, 2010

almost over

i can't believe our vacation is almost over. we leave in two days and it feels like we've only been here for two minutes. we haven't done any of our usual adventures like the aquarium or the children's museum or the game farm. we've just been content getting to the beach, the bay or the pool and of course hanging with family! some of our family i haven't even seen yet!!!! how does a whole month go so quickly???

i love my time in east hampton, not because of the location but because it is time with my family. my kids get to play with their cousins as much as they want, and i get to see my siblings, parents, cousins and friends in a non-rushed atmosphere. it's such a luxury that i have and i hope i get to do it ever year. we're on year eight now so i think it will probably stick. i even tried to talk daisy into living up here someday so joe and i can get a summer house and spend the whole summer up here. ha! we shall see how that goes...daisy seemed into the idea. :)

i am excited to get back home though. i miss my bed, my coffee, my friends and my YMCA. but once i'm back there i will miss my fam again.....oh well...there's always next year!

1 comment:

  1. We will miss you too liz. It's always hard every year when you go because although I know I miss you, when I get to spend a whole month with you the separation becomes that much harder for me. You will always be my best friend. I will be seeing you at the wedding and of course, talking on the phone everyday (which is not as good but will serve as a substitute until we do see each other again - sniff sniff)

    ReplyDelete