Monday, March 16, 2009

rock eternal

yesterday we piled in the car and headed to church for the 11 service. it was a rare occasion that i actually got to listen to the service instead of serving in the 2 year old room where lucy attends. it was an amazing service about fasting and praying. joe and i came home wondering what we could fast for the next 12 weeks. food? joe says no...he can't do that. computer? hhhmm...can liz do that? we know the point of it is to hunger for God instead of the material item and God will fill our needs. working out? that would be too easy. we'll come up with something. i have a feeling it will be along the lines of tv, computer or food. i'll keep you posted.

i was asking daisy about her church service. she went into detail about mary and martha and i was quite impressed with what she remembered. she went on to sing me a new song that they had learned. "Our Lord is a rocky turtle, a rocky turtle!" i'm sure she meant a rock eternal...and that He is!

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Reminds me of the child who sang "Lead on O kinky turtle" instead of "King Eternal". Nice start - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, you may not remember me..I'm the O'sullivan kids Mom...ask your Mom. :-)
    I just had to write and say how I am enjoying your blogs...they hit very close to home, as I had 5 young ones in short order.
    This 'rocky turtle' one reminds me of a Christms when my oldest, Kerry was singing, 'Oh don't let us ignore Him' (O Come, Let Us Adore Him.') KIDS!

    ReplyDelete