Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Phillipians 4:6-7




i'm so glad i'm not the type of person that gets annoyed with a kid coming to me in the middle of the night. i figure if they are waking me up there must be a reason and i'm happy to be patient with them while they are scared, or frustrated, or just sad from a bad dream. i had the opportunity last night to hear a thunderstorm coming before any of my kids woke from it. as i was closing the windows in their bedrooms i noticed each one of them was a little nervous from the noises outside and the huge flashes of light. i quickly ushered them into my bed and cuddled them tightly to calm them down.

i love when i can be patient in God's timing and feel calmed down from my own anxious heart. it's so reassuring to know that He has a plan for us and we are in control of nothing. whatever happens is part of His masterplan and we can rest assured that He loves us and wants the best for us.

i'm sure God has the same feeling about His children as i do about mine. what a joy to be able to comfort them when they allow me to pour my love on them. when they come to me, i am here for them. what an honor to have these little blessings in my life...that God would even think i am worthy of having them and teaching them and training them up to be the amazing people they are meant to be. i sure don't feel worthy but i know that it's all part of the plan and that i don't have to worry a bit! such peace....

3 comments:

  1. Really nice blog. I's as though you know my own heart - I could have written this twenty years ago...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so glad you're keeping a blog! i love the pictures of the kids! They each have a look all their own. so cute!

    You should blog about your swap party. I'd love to hear more about how it went.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to be mean to my kids. I mean, c'mon kids, get outta my bed! LOL! j/k ... nice blog.

    ReplyDelete