Tuesday, April 28, 2009

and then she was three....


today my youngest is turning three! i just can't believe it. i hope in twenty years i am saying the same thing "where has the time gone?"

i remember gearing up for her arrival not really knowing what to expect. my older two kids were somewhat easy arrivals but lucy's i was nervous about. i had an almost three year old at home and a 15 month old. unless you've ever had that combo you have no idea how hard it is.


the first year was rocky. lucy was collicky but so sweet. i loved her...i hated her. i loved my life...i hated my life. i couldn't imagine my life any different.


lucy is amazing. she is hysterical, beautiful, independant, caring, nudgy and wonderful!


lucy-i love you so much...more than you will ever know. i can't believe you are three today and i can't wait to see what the years bring to us through you! you are a joy to have around and i love you with all of my heart. happy birthday lucy lovey!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how we cannot imagine our lives without any of our children once they arrive? They each fill us with such richnes and joy-each so unique and so wonderful. And yes, you will still feel the same way in twenty - or thirty - years. Your memories will be your greatest comfort. And some day your grandchildren will bring that joy back to you all over again! It's a wonderful thing...

    Are you really up at 3am bloggin???

    ReplyDelete
  2. the time must be off...no...never up at 3 to blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Lucy! I still remember her birth albeit in kind of a haze...can't imagine how you must've been feeling with your two little ones at home on top of it all! But, I remember how precious and tiny she was when I held her for the first time and I can't believe she's a walking talking human! :) Happy Birthday Lucy! You will never have an aunt who is prouder than me of who you are and who you will become!!!

    ReplyDelete